Thursday

Soul Food + Cross-Dressers = Winning Combo

This week I've definitely been getting in some serious guilty pleasures. The first being sleep! I've been getting anywhere from 8-11 hours of sleep each night. I don't know how people do this on the regular basis. It has required me to come straight home from work & start the process of winding down immediately...check e-mail, eat dinner & TV off by 7pm. If this is normal, I'm not sure that I'm ready to take that plunge. Nonetheless, my body has really been liking it so I'm going to try to stick to it (or an adaptation of this schedule) for a bit longer. Also, this has been my lunch for the last two days:


Mac 'n Cheese, Mashed Potatoes, Fried Okra, Squash Casserole, Wheat Rolls with butter & honey

Mac 'n Cheese x 2, Mashed Potatoes, Fried Okra, Wheat Rolls with butter & honey


Yes, I did get double orders of Mac 'n Cheese today! BUSTED, I know but it's so good! DON'T JUDGE ME!! This is a meatless week so I'm allowed to indulge a little bit. I have gotten in more veggies than normal and it's definitely making a difference in my energy level. Well, at least that's the story that I'm going to tell! On another note, the best part of the last two days was:

A couple of local groups are sponsoring a film festival and I won tickets to last night's showing of Some Like It Hot! I'm a secret lover of old cheesy movies. I especially love it because of Marilyn Monroe, the glitzy clothes, and it's in black and white. (Sidebar: Did you know this was not the original production idea but it had to be done to disguise the green makeup tint on the guys? Boy, have we come a long way in the modern technologies of makeup!!) I laughed at this movie as if it was a Will Ferrell comedy! Absolutely love it & I swear I've got a little bit of Sugar Kane Kowalczyk blood in my veins. I'm always trying to fix some guy's love wounds...go figure! And how could you not like the last line of the movie?!?

25 cool points to the first reader who can comment with the last line of the movie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?