Tuesday

4:15p - 4:30p Self-Implosion/Crying fit #2

Seriously, am I the only person in the world that wishes that you could just schedule to deal with your emotions so that you could move on with your life? That is definitely where I have been for the last few days. Let me just give you a brief run-down of all that's happened since my last post...lost my great aunt, gained a new cousin, my apartment was broken into (luckily I was in the shower & didn't come face-to-face with the intruder), survived local elections (our local government is pretty corrupt), started paying on another set of student loans, kicking off a new school year with my youth ministry, my dad's birthday, my upcoming birthday and the relentless climate of change at my job. Now, do you see why it would just be easier to pencil in a time to let out one of this Old Testament sobs? When I woke up last Monday, I had no idea what I was up for. Honestly, had I known I would have been ready & waiting with a bat for the asshat that kicked in my front door. But hindsight in 20/20, they say!

So where do I go from here? I can't sit around and mope about the bad hand I was dealt last week. I'm sure there are plenty of others that had it much worse than me. I have to move on to get things done so that I can continue to live. No matter how I feel about it all, there is something deep inside that won't allow me to be a victim for long. So I did what any other self-respecting firecracker would do...I bought some new jeans from the Gap & got a glass of wine with my friend on Friday night. No, surely that's not the answer but for a moment it was a quick escape so that I could clear my mind of the not-so-great things that happen in life. This week, I'm working to get myself back on track. Thanks to a lot of talk time with the BIG GUY UPSTAIRS and some alone time, I'm going to be fine and back to regular posting! Until I can get some others edited & pushed out, please accept this collection of pictures of Chris Brown crying at the BET Awards with my sincerest apology for leaving you hanging!






No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?